Tuesday, June 9, 2009

These balloons are freaking me out



Some of the words that Calvin knows aren't from books, but from memorable experiences. We went to the balloon fiesta last fall, and so you know that Calvin can say "balloon" perfectly. It's hard to say no to him when he points to the expensive long-lasting balloons in the grocery store and say's "balloon" as sweet as can be.

So for the past week and a half we have had a Sponge Bob Square Pants balloon and a globe balloon living as guests in our house. Just before I started I had to ask the globe to move over so I could sit at the computer, while Sponge Bob flails insanely in the wind outside the window.

At first I thought a balloon is an inanimate object, but they keep moving from room to room on their own. I'll turn the corner to the stairs in the middle of the night to find Sponge Bob grinning at me from the tall ceiling over our stairs. The globe is hovering over the stove, when I could have sworn it was in the living room just a minute ago.



They'll sneak up behind us when we're reading, jump out of the closet to scare us, or leer around the bathroom door. They spy on us while we're asleep. I was just trying to relax and read a book to Calvin and I could see them scooting along the ceiling. The globe ducked under the doorway to my bedroom, and I sent him out and locked the door behind me.

Next time Calvin asks for a balloon I might have to say no.

No comments:

Post a Comment