Friday, May 29, 2009

Battle of the baby brain cells continues


Calvin still seems to want to bash his head against things, partly to vent his frustration at his teeth and partly to drive his parents insane. I mean, he really has us by the balls when it comes to bed time. We've struggled since day one to get him to sleep in the crib. And now he has a secret weapon. It's not like we can let him wear himself out, or fall asleep on his own, or self soothe, when he just starts cracking his scull against the rim of his crib rail. That bruise!

But I have a secret weapon of my own! When I was pregnant I took great comfort in a pregnancy pillow. It's long and J shaped, so you can tuck the end between your knees. Anyway, it has been sitting in the closet for over a year and I've been trying to think of what to do with it. It's unsellable (who wants a used pillow who's owner may or may not have broken her water on it?) and it even seems weird to give it to the thrift shop. Plus it was expensive and I may get pregnant again. It's also huge.

It's about as long as the crib...So I decided to tie the pillow to the crib rail. That way he can't give himself a concussion, and we can hang out downstairs. It's working so far. He's asleep.

1 comment:

  1. jeez,i tried all weekend to leave a comment on here and kept failing. I know that this is a very stressful situation, but you've clearly retained your sense of humor about it. I can't decide whether I should be laughing until I cry, or crying until I laugh in this instance.

    To the big C: STOP HITTING YOURSELF!

    ReplyDelete