Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Yikes! He's learned to say (and read) "No!"



Everyone tells me that I should dread the day my son learns the word "no." Well he's done it. We've been reading No David! by David Shannon, and the back of the book is covered with the word no. Before going to bed he had a book frenzy and spent ten minutes waving his finger at the book and saying no. Quinn was surprised. "How does he know that that says no?"

Then in the morning Calvin went straight to a big no no, the humidifier, and started shaking the tank, saying "no." I was about to say no myself. Then he noticed the electrical outlet behind him and his baby finger went for it. "NO!" I cried, and took him downstairs to find some trouble there.

2 comments:

  1. haha, so he says no, but doesn't necessarily follow the command.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a friend who signed with her baby. when you sign you are also supposed to say the word. so no is "no no." when he became even a little bit verbal she could always tell when he was doing something he shouldn't because the whole time he did it he would say, "no no, no no, no no." nothing like "telling on" yourself! heehee.

    ReplyDelete